10.Complete the sentences, using the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. Light pollution make us to see the stars in the sky. (able)
2. Noise is considered as pollution. (environment)
3. The soil becomes because of the use of so many pesticides andfertilizers. (contaminate)
4. waste spills can contaminate groundwater. (industry)
5. habitats have been destroyed in recent years. (nature)
6. A number of cleaning products contain chemicals. (harm)
7. Water samples collected at these villages were seriously with bacteria. (contaminate)
8. People believe that the water has brought cancer tothe local residents. (pollute)
9. In many developing countries, water pollution is usually a leading cause of . (die)
10. elements have been found in both ground and underground water sources. (pollute)
11. Fish and many other animals are killed by in their habitat. (pollute)
12. Astronomers are concerned about light pollution because they have in viewing activities in the sky and outer space. (difficult)
1. unable 2. environmental 3. contaminated 4. Industrial
5. Natural 6. harmful 7. contaminated 8. polluted
9. death 10. Polluted 11. pollutants 12. difficulty
5.Use the adjective in brackets in their correct forms of comparison to complete the sentences.
1. Tea is coffee.(cheap)
2. The new harvest machine is than the old one. (effective)
3. The countryside is the town. (beautiful)
4. A tractor is a buffalo. (powerful)
5. My sister is me. (tall)
6. Blue whales are elephants. (heavy)
7. The Mekong River is the Red River. (long)
8. Do you think English is French in grammar? (easy)
9. My new bed is my old bed. (comfortable)
10. The film about my village town is than the book. (interesting)
3. Fill in each blank with the appropriate form of the word in brackets.
1. Iceland is considered the most country in the world. (peace)
2. A lifestyle has its advantages and disadvantages. (nomad)
3. My brother has been a stamp for several years.(collect)
4. It is a/ an place to hold a picnic because it is too far from the road. (convenience)
5. Drinking water in some areas may be . (safe)
6. During my stay in the village, I was with several local farmers.(friend)
7. Encouraging children to eat and drink is very important. (health)
8. Local people in the village often wear their costumer during the festivals. (tradition)
9. Please give to that charity to help the homeless after the flood. (generous)
10. The baby slept very because the bed was really comfortable. (sound)
1. Supply the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. People in my country are very warm and .(FRIEND)
2. An is a child whose parents are dead. (ORPHANAGE)
3. L.A Hill is a writer. (HUMOR)
4. I’m sorry for the delay. (EXTREME)
5. She looks more than her sister. (BEAUTY)
6. I am enough to have a lot of friends. (LUCK)
7. They enjoy the summer evenings in the countryside. (PEACE)
8. Those cats look .(LOVE)
9. It was of him to offer to pay for us both. (GENEROUSITY)
10. Role-play is in developing communication skills. (HELP)
4.Fill in each blank with the appropriate form of the word in brackets.
1. There is a of books on the shelf.(collect)
2. It is very for people in remote areas to get to hospitals.(convenience)
3. He is very with his hands.(skill)
4. It is said that water collected from the local streams is to drink. (safe)
5. We want relations with all countries. (friend)
6. I like to eat , so I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables every day. (health)
15.Complete the sentences, using the form of the words in brackets.
1. Anna asked me if the astronaut’s costumes were made from . clothing.(breath)
2. After going through a storm, the plane began shaking . (controllable)
3. We definitely cannot live on the planet shown in this photo because it is . (water)
4. Mr. Amstrong is working in a space which has no gravity. (weight)
5. The story talked about a who wanted to occupy the spaceship.(terrorism)
6. When astronauts have trouble in outer space, they must act . (appropriate)
7. I feel in the chat room because they are discussing a totallystrange topic.(visible)
8. Hung has some skills in speaking English with foreigners.(communicate
6.Complete the sentences, using the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. Nga eats more than Tung does because she likes fast food.(healthy)
2. Viet Nam is a country with different peoples, religions and traditions. (cultural)
3. Most of the Central Highlands is . (mountain)
4. The houses of many ethnic groups are used to worship the ancestors. (commune)
5. To become friendlier, you should with your workmates.(socialisation)
6. Paul used to be to soft drinks, but now he seldom drinks them.(addiction)
7. Like my aunt, I want to become a professional dog . (train)
8. I am of her hometown with a lot of paddy fields.(envy)
9. The cattle are herded to a new pasture by the . (nomadic)
10. Do villagers today dress as in the past? (tradition)
2. Complete the text with the comparative or superlative of the adjectives in brackets.
Who are the best (0- good) drivers?
Which drivers are the (1- safe) on the roads? According to a recent survey,young and inexperienced drivers are the (2- likely) to have an accident. (3- old) drivers are (4- careful). Gender makes a difference, too.Young men have the (5- bad) accident records of all. They are generally (6- aggressive) (7- old) drivers. They also choose (8- fast)cars with (9- big) engines.
One of the (10- interesting) facts in the survey is that passengers have an effect on the driver. When young male drivers have their friends in the car, their driving becomes (11- bad). When their wife or girlfriend is in the car, however, their driving is (12- good). But the opposite is true for women. Their driving is (13- dangerous) when their husband or boyfriend is in the car!